Our Natural Grass Pen is truly one of a kind. Made from a blend of meadow grass and a small amount of recycled BPA-free plastic, it’s durable, refillable and will become your faithful companion for years. Ergonomic triangular grip and premium quality nib make it so you’ll actually look forward to using it for long periods. A refreshing take on what an inexpensive pen should be, join the 50,000+ refill warriors.
We knew from the beginning that we wanted to make an environmentally friendly pen. Most inexpensive pens out there are terrible for the environment, meant for short-term use and made from the worst kind of plastics, with production methods that will hopefully be subject to tougher regulations in the near future.
We put hundreds of hours into the design of this pen. Why? Because we wanted it to be superior to all others on the market, both for the customer and the environment. Feedback from users favoured a triangular grip that allows you to write better and for a longer period of time, with the added bonus it won’t roll away from you when you put it down.
The barrel is made from renewable meadow grass which grows naturally adjacent to the factory, mixed with a little BPA-free recycled plastic (the best kind).
Run by a philosopher monk turned farmer then designer, The Natural Pen Factory uses an environmentally friendly and resource-efficient closed-loop manufacturing process.
The water used in the production process comes directly from the meadow grass and it's continuously reconditioned, so the factory doesn't require additional water inputs from the public water supply. Even cooler, biogas and waste heat from the production process are used for heating water, drying and generating electricity.
Due to the Covid-19 disease outbreak, costs for shipping larger goods have increased dramatically.
Free shipping may not apply in your country. Exact shipping cost will be calculated at checkout.
All shipments are climate compensated and sent in our Cradle to Cradle certified Stone Paper Packaging.
If you are adding a monogram or logo add 2-3 business days to the delivery estimate. May be impacted by bank holidays.
However, in case you don’t find your product to your liking, we’re not going to play any games with you. Our first-time purchase money-back guarantee makes shopping with us worry-free.
To use our money-back guarantee, notify our customer service team and tell us why the product wasn't a fit for you, and we’ll get you a refund, no return necessary. We will only ask that you try it out for at least two weeks to give it a fair shot. Money back is not valid for personalised items.
Read terms here.
For every purchase you make, we donate 4% to A Good Foundation. A Good Foundation works with communities across the globe to create a positive impact through different sustainable initiatives.
The long-term aim is to eradicate mindless consumption and help people make more conscious decisions. We do this through educational outreach, community support and environmental efforts like planting trees.
We operate on a bold promise with a 100% no fee model, meaning all donations go straight to the cause.
Millions of plastic ballpoint pens are manufactured and sold daily.
Our Natural Grass pen is made of meadow grass and BPA-free plastics.
A Pen. A good set of pens.
I use pens every day for work and I wanted to see if I could find a more eco conscious version of the plastic pens I use so much. This one is perfect. I thought I’d need to get used to it but it feels really nice to use in my hand. I’m going to get a few more and phase out plastic pens entirely :)
This pen and the refills have been in my life for a relatively short period of time, so this review will reflect the brief length of my relationship with this pen.
• it writes as expected!
• it refills! It’s easy to refill!
• it’s an eco(ish) pen - ultimately, let’s be real, that’s why I bought it. As a previous reviewer has said - why buy a plastic pen when you can buy THIS pen?!
• they said they’d plant a tree if I wrote a review. I like trees. Trusting them that the tree they plant is a native tree and absorbs lots of carbon.
• I bought only one pen and then a bunch of refills in blue and black. I have no idea which ones are blue and which are black until I start writing. It’s a gamble! Arguably a pro. Will it be blue! Will it be black! Live dangerously.
• there’s a little white bit that flew out when I changed the refill. I didn’t loose it, but imagine the drama if I had. Seems like a pretty important little bit.
• although last, this is my biggest gripe - it came in “fancy plastic” packaging - packaging that you probably can dispose of properly in a way that’s nice and recyclable etc, but where I live has very deeply standard recycling systems. This isn’t a council that understands fancy plastic. This is a council that understands paper, tin, and landfill. Why not just send the pens in paper or card? Don’t get that.
• didn’t realise they were gonna be shipped from Finland - might not have bought them then. Seems like a pretty high carbon footprint maybe....?
Pen is great and if it came in cardboard and was shipped from the U.K. would 10/10 buy again.